A summary of things I’ve been doing while Melbourne has been in lockdown. Being stuck inside my home doesn’t mean life has to be boring.
I haven’t done one of these “general life updates” for a while. So here we go!
I am writing about this because I believe it will become an important part of history. Perhaps this situation will be the tipping point society needs to start making better choices.
Back in 2016 I created a list of goals I wished to had accomplished in that year, within five years, and within 10.
The years between 2003 and 2018 were a wibbly-wobbly mess of depression and not knowing what I should do with my life. Things rocked around and changed course a lot.
This month was quite an exciting one for me. With a new job, re-launch of my personal brand website, aikido achievements, and more!
I’ve had a desire for a while to get back into blogging. For several reasons…
- The act of maintaining a website is enjoyable for me.
- I need a place to get my thoughts, feelings, and opinions out.
- I want to feel heard and connected to people. (It goes without saying that I will do my best to return a comment with a comment. 😊 )
On 27/5/2019 I started my first official class at a new dojo. The last time I practiced was sometime in 2014.
By the end of 2016 I would like to:
- Have a blog with 3000 subscribers. (Or at least if that’s the combined total of followers via email, Twitter, and Facebook… that would be nice!)
- Get my membership with AWIA. (If they ever open up registrations again!!!)
- Have a competent understanding of Angular.js and/or React.js.
- Film/produce at least 3 short videos for promotional purposes.
- Figure out how to get preprocessors to work on my computer. (What is command line? I don’t even…)
- Convince people that I’m actually a better designer than developer…
- Actually get comfortable with using the command line…? o_o
Within 5 years I would like to:
- Attend a WordPress camp, or other developer conference outside of Melbourne.
- Attend a LARP in another country.
- Attend a gaming convention in another state or country.
- Be earning a decent passive income from blog mentioned above. (Probably not to live off, but any extra income is good.)
- Co-author an app/software with someone. (I cbf learning to be a full-blown programmer, but I can at least have some say in it!)
- Speak at a conference/seminar! o_o
- Win an award for something I designed, photographed, filmed, authored, or co-authored.
Within 10 years I would like to:
- Have been part of designing/co-authoring a LARP, tabletop, or board game.
- Have attended LARPs in at least two other countries.
- Have met at least one of my idols/heroes in person.
- Have my own house where I can be as messy or neat as I want! (If I’m married and/or raising a family, that’s ok too, but not a must.)
Do you have your own list of goals? Have you made a list like this before, and attempted to achieve your goals? Please share. 🙂